It’s still phoneography month, and in today’s challenge I’m hoping you’ll put all of that futuristic camera tech to good…
It’s still phoneography month, and in today’s challenge I’m hoping you’ll put all of that futuristic camera tech to good use, by thinking about the shape of things to come.
This is a photo I took in Sapporo, Japan of Ema, the prayers and wishes penned and hung in the grounds of Shinto shrines. From heartfelt hopes about exam results, or being noticed by that oblivious boy in your class, to wishes for a prosperous or healthy future, you can think of them as prayers and hopes made manifest and left in public. In today’s challenge we want you to grab an image from your world that holds the promise or portent of the future. It could be:
- As everyday as the experience of waiting for a bus or train.
- As abstract as something that symbolizes your ambitions or hopes for the future.
- A note, prayer or promise jotted on a napkin or cross-stitched with exquisite tenderness.
- The promise or portent of spring, sunrise, or storm in nature.
- A street candid of someone nervously waiting on their date to arrive.
- A piano falling from a third storey flat into the oncoming path of an adorable kitten. Or any other action about to take place.
- Anything that involves the present and a hint of the future all in one frame.
We spend so much of our lives thinking back, or looking ahead, and even though a photo captures only one moment in time, with a bit of thought it can freeze the process of moving forward, or the promise of things to come. Your challenge this week is to seal one such moment in amber.
I’m looking forward to seeing your visions of the future, daydreams, and wishes frozen in time.
New to The Daily Post? Whether you’re a beginner or a professional, you’re invited to get involved in our Weekly Photo Challenge to help you meet your blogging goals and give you another way to take part in Post a Day / Post a Week. Everyone is welcome to participate, even if your blog isn’t about photography.
Here’s how it works:
1. Each week, we’ll provide a theme for creative inspiration. You take photographs based on your interpretation of the theme, and post them on your blog (a new post!) anytime before the following Friday when the next photo theme will be announced.
2. To make it easy for others to check out your photos, title your blog post “Weekly Photo Challenge: (theme of the week)” and be sure to use the “postaday″ tag. You can also link to this post to create a pingback here and to encourage more people to participate.
3. Subscribe to The Daily Post so that you don’t miss out on weekly challenge announcements. Sign up via the email subscription link in the sidebar or RSS.