At first glance, this may just look like a photo of a bridge. Which is an astute observation, because it is…
At first glance, this may just look like a photo of a bridge. Which is an astute observation, because it is a photo of a bridge. Good call!
Of course, for me, it’s not just a photo of a bridge — it means something more.
I took this photo driving over the Ben Franklin Bridge between New Jersey and Pennsylvania as my husband and I headed to Philadelphia for a weekend away, a weekend planned to celebrate our successful navigation of some big life shifts.
When I look at this photo, I don’t think, “Huh, that’s a bridge.” I think, “We did it!”
This week, we want to see photos that represent change. Depending on where in the world you are, this could be a winter landscape blossoming to spring, or vice versa. It could be a picture of a place you’ve left behind and hope never to return to, a photo of a place you hope to reach, or a snapshot of where you currently stand in a journey. Perhaps you’ll capture your child on the cusp of a developmental milestone, or the sun just about to flip the switch between night and day.
As we crossed the bridge, a number of changes took place:
- We changed from being in New Jersey (the king of states) to being in Pennsylvania (the runner-up of states).
- We changed from being in a familiar, comfortable location to a being in a (sort-of) foreign one.
- We changed from being on weekday, work life time to weekend, celebration time.
- We cemented the changes from our old life to the new.
In a new post created for this challenge, share a picture that says CHANGE.
We’re excited to see the purely literal, the totally figurative, and everything in between.
New to The Daily Post? Whether you’re a beginner or a professional, you’re invited to get involved in our Weekly Photo Challenge to help you meet your blogging goals and give you another way to take part in Post a Day / Post a Week. Everyone is welcome to participate, even if your blog isn’t about photography.
Here’s how it works:
1. Each week, we’ll provide a theme for creative inspiration. You take photographs based on your interpretation of the theme, and post them on your blog (a new post!) anytime before the following Friday when the next photo theme will be announced.
2. To make it easy for others to check out your photos, title your blog post “Weekly Photo Challenge: (theme of the week)” and be sure to use the “postaday″ tag. You can also link to this post to create a pingback here and to encourage more people to participate.
3. Subscribe to The Daily Post so that you don’t miss out on weekly challenge announcements. Sign up via the email subscription link in the sidebar or RSS.