It’s phonoegraphy month, and what do we love to photograph with our cameraphones? Food. So why fight it? This week’s…
It’s phonoegraphy month, and what do we love to photograph with our cameraphones? Food. So why fight it? This week’s theme is “lunchtime.”
This is one of my favorite lunches. A poached egg over pasta is simple, surprisingly satisfying, and even a little decadent, with rich, fatty, oozing yolk coating each strand of pasta with a delicate sheen. Toss in some kind of pork product for flavor and a few handfuls of greens to create the illusion of health, and it’s an excellent five-minute meal.
Time to show us your lunchtime. This might seem like a pretty narrow task, but if you think of “lunchtime” as a theme, there are lots of places you can take it:
- Show us what you actually had for lunch.
- Show us what went into your lunch — a stunningly saturated pile of red radishes at the farmer’s market, or the process by which you construct the Ultimate Turkey Sandwich.
- Show us what a mealtime is like at your house. Who’s there? What are they doing?
- Show us a photo of someone truly enraptured by what they’re eating and capture the deep satisfaction of an enjoyable meal.
- If you don’t have time for lunch or eat on the run, show us that.
- Show us your favorite place to sit while you eat lunch, or your favorite place to prepare food.
- Capture a candid photo of the guy behind the counter of your favorite greasy spoon.
We hope that those of you who don’t normally participate in photo challenges will feel comfortable jumping into this one — we know you’re probably taking cameraphone photos of your lunch anyway, so you may as well post ’em! Non-phoneographers are also more than welcome; feel free to capture your lunchtime with the equipment of your choice.
In a new post created for this challenge, share a picture that says LUNCHTIME.
I’m looking forward to some offbeat interpretations, mouthwatering photos, and maybe a new lunch idea or two.
New to The Daily Post? Whether you’re a beginner or a professional, you’re invited to get involved in our Weekly Photo Challenge to help you meet your blogging goals and give you another way to take part in Post a Day / Post a Week. Everyone is welcome to participate, even if your blog isn’t about photography.
Here’s how it works:
1. Each week, we’ll provide a theme for creative inspiration. You take photographs based on your interpretation of the theme, and post them on your blog (a new post!) anytime before the following Friday when the next photo theme will be announced.
2. To make it easy for others to check out your photos, title your blog post “Weekly Photo Challenge: (theme of the week)” and be sure to use the “postaday″ tag. You can also link to this post to create a pingback here and to encourage more people to participate.
3. Subscribe to The Daily Post so that you don’t miss out on weekly challenge announcements. Sign up via the email subscription link in the sidebar or RSS.Respond in a New Post