The place for feedback, advice, and friendly blogging chatter.
Have you just published a new post and are dying for some feedback? Are you redesigning your blog and could use some layout or design advice from your more seasoned peers?
The Community Pool is for peer feedback and advice. Looking for more specific information? Check out some of these resources:
Tap into the wisdom of The Daily Post blogging community and leave your question here in the comments. Others can then click through and offer input either on your site, or in the comments here (feel free to indicate which you’d prefer).
Looking for free, self-guided courses to help you get started with your blog (or revive a dormant one)? Check out our current offerings at Blogging U.
To help us make the Community Pool a productive space for discussion, here are some tips you might find useful:
- While you’re not required to, we encourage everyone who requests feedback to also reply to at least one or two other bloggers who need some help. Spread the love!
- The Community Pool comments section can get quite big — and starting duplicate threads doesn’t help. Thanks for not posting the same question more than once!
- If you’re looking for quality feedback, be as specific as you can. Questions about a particular post tend to draw more comments than ones about entire blogs. Questions about specific design elements are more likely to be answered than ones asking for general layout advice.
- We discourage leaving links without a more substantive message or question. These are often overlooked by other bloggers, and we frequently remove them to make the comment reading experience smoother.
- Please keep all comments civil and constructive. The idea is to have fun — it’s a pool, after all!
- To keep from losing your place in the comment thread while you visit others’ blogs, right-click on a link to open it in a new tab or window.
- If you haven’t looked at our Commenting Guidelines in a while, now might be a good time.
- No running on the deck.
Are you a new blogger looking to share your very first post? We have a special forum for bloggers just like you in our weekly First Friday posts.