New blogger? Welcome! Share a link to your first post, and say hello to some other fresh faces.
If you’re already a few posts into your blog and are looking for support or feedback, the Community Pool is the place for you!
Have a technical question? Try the WordPress.com Support Forums.
Want to learn more about blogging? Take a Blogging U. course.
If a blogger publishes her first post and no one reads it, did it really happen? Of course it did! But when someone does read it, even better. Welcome to First Friday, a weekly open thread where any new blogger can share a link to his or her very first post with the larger WordPress.com community.
To share your first post with us, copy and paste the link right into a comment here; feel free to introduce yourself, and tell us what you hope to blog about. If you’re not new, you can still be a part of First Fridays: visit a link or two, and leave the blogger a like or comment. The first recognition a blogger gets is powerful, and you can provide that for someone brand-new!
Need help finding, copying, and pasting your link?
Head to your blog’s home page.
Click on the title of your post to open the individual post page.
Highlight and copy the URL you see in your browser’s address bar. You can copy by going to the Edit menu in your browser and selecting Copy, or with a keyboard shortcut (Control+C for a PC, Command+C on a Mac).
Paste the URL into a comment here. You can paste by going to the Edit menu in your browser and selecting Paste, or with a keyboard shortcut (Control+V for a PC, Command+V on a Mac).
You can make this a useful space for new bloggers with a few simple guidelines:
- We encourage anyone who shares a link to visit one or two other bloggers here. New readers for all!
- When commenting, the third time is not the charm: don’t share the same link repeatedly, or in multiple First Friday threads. We’ll remove repeat posts to keep this space focused for new bloggers.
- Please don’t use this as a space to share your first post…. that you published three years ago. Post should have been published within the last month. We’ll remove older posts to keep this space focused for new bloggers.
- Link directly to your new post, rather than to your blog generally — it makes it that much easier for folks to like the post or leave you comments.
- Keep comments civil. Even better: visit a blogger and leave your comment directly on their blog!
- To keep from losing your place while you visit others’ blogs, right-click on a link to open it in a new tab or window.
- If you’ve never looked at our Commenting Guidelines, now might be a good time.