The submission form is now closed; anyone who has registered should have received a welcome email and we’ll be responding to all requests for switching challenges. If you didn’t sign up, all assignments are posted here, so feel free to jump right in!
NOTE: the sign-up form for both challenges is now closed! However, all assignments for both challenges are published publicly here each day and comment threads are open, so even if you missed the sign-up period, you’re welcome to join in!
Anyone who filled out the form should now have received a welcome email, and any unfulfilled requests to switch challenges will be answered tomorrow as well. Thanks for your patience — and your enthusiasm!
Our Blogging 101: Zero to Hero and Blogging 201: Branding, Growth, and Traffic challenges kick off tomorrow, and it’s not too late to sign on. Learn more about each challenge and sign up below!
Blogging 101: Zero to Hero
Zero to Hero is thirty days of digestible blogging assignments to give you a solid grounding on all things blogging. At the end, you’ll have:
- A half-dozen (or more) published posts, and a handful of draft posts to get you through your next 30 days.
- A customized theme, with widgets to draw new readers in and highlight your favorite reads.
- A (small but growing) audience.
- An understanding of the blogging community, blog etiquette, and how to build a readership of your own.
Blogging 201: Branding, Growth, and Traffic
Branding, Growth, and Traffic is a 14-day challenge to give your blog’s growth a serious kick start. We’ll help you:
- Define your blog’s brand and make sure it’s effective and consistent.
- Build your audience both within WordPress.com, and without.
- Understand and use your blog’s stats to grow your traffic.
- Make the most of your existing posts, to bring them ongoing attention.
At the end of the two weeks, you’ll have some new readers, new tools, and a to-do list you’re excited to attack. If you’re participating in either challenge, you’ll also have access to The Commons, a private, conversation-focused site where you can chat with other participants, share works-in-progress for feedback, and more (there will be separate sites for 101 and 201 bloggers). Staff will be on hand there to answer questions, give feedback, direct you to more resources, and keep the conversation flowing. Get ready to blog!