The Zero to Hero 30-Day Blog Challenge starts… wait for it… now!
Your first task is up on the main Zero to Hero page, along with some helpful resources and a link to our first forum thread, where you can chat with other challenge participants. You can also tag published posts with zerotohero to make it easy for us to find one another — after all, blogging isn’t just about you, it’s about community.
If you’re still not sure whether you want to commit, here’s the skinny: you’ll do one focused task each day — sometimes writing, sometimes reading, sometimes tinkering with WordPress.com — until you’ve got a solid foundation and a reader-ready blog. At the end of January, you’ll have:
- A half-dozen (or more) published posts.
- A handful of draft posts and post ideas to help get you through your next 30 days.
- A customized theme, with widgets to draw new readers in and highlight your favorite reads.
- A Reader full of great (and inspiring!) blogs to follow.
- A (small but growing) audience.
- An understanding of the blogging community, blog etiquette, and how to build a readership of your own.
To participate, bookmark this page, and check in each day for an assignment. (All past assignments will be listed there too, so you can jump in at any point and catch up.) If you want to do more or re-interpret something, feel free — just try to complete the tasks in order, since they build on one another.
If you’re participating, we’d appreciate it if you could let us know — w e’d love to follow your blogs, and will get in touch at the end of the challenge for your thoughts and feedback: