Did you know you can paginate your blogs? (We’ll forgive you for not participating in the pagination writing challenge.) Well, you can, to create the best possible imitation of page-turning online — pausing to click. It’s a great way to break up really long or image-heavy posts and pages.
To create a page break, make sure you’re writing in the Text Editor, then paste this where you’d like the break:
You can insert as many as you want (although at some point readers will get annoyed at all the clicking, so take it easy with your new toy).
Use any of these options, or combine them to take readers on a visual journey. Take a look at how some bloggers use them to great advantage in these excellent longform reads:
- Letting Stress Win: A Commencement Speech, Rottin’ in Denmark
- The Ends (and Beginnings) of the Earth, Why? Because Science.
- Letting Go, FiftyFourandaHalf
- The Salt and Pepper Talks, Hippie Cahier
- Gone, and Pretty Much Forgotten, Mostly Bright Ideas
- Germany: A Story of Sadness, Guilt, and the Past, Essays & Other Writings
Whether your post is ten sentences or ten paragraphs, ensure you’re including the breathing room readers need to make it to the end. With a variety of options, there’s one that will work well for your topic and writing style.