Two WordPress.com bloggers, Ashkir at Stars In Silence, and Kate at Spastic Musings decided to team up to help each other out. They both signed up for Post A Week, with the goal of encouraging and checking in on each other:
Me and Kate are going for the postaweek2011. . We decided we’ll help motivate each other and we started up different blogs side/by/side.
The buddy system works on the principle of social connections. If you have someone else you’re doing a project with, odds are good at any moment at least one of you can help motivate the other.
If you’re looking for a blogging buddy, Do the following:
- Leave a comment to this post saying “I’d like a buddy”
- Briefly (1 or 2 sentences max) describe the kind of blog you have (the theme or topic)
- Say whether you’re doing Post A Day or Post A Week
- Mention you’d like to try sharing the goal with someone else
Alternatively, if you see a comment for someone that fits your 2 and 3, reply and mention you’re interested. Then follow up by contacting each other on your blogs.
You can help out by:
- Checking in on each other’s blogs
- Leaving comments and feedback
- “liking” posts you see each other publish