Hundreds of you took the time to fill out our survey (thanks!), and we’ve been combing through the results all…
Hundreds of you took the time to fill out our survey (thanks!), and we’ve been combing through the results all weekend. As we’d hoped, we got some really helpful feedback that will allow us to tweak The Daily Post in ways that will make it more useful for you.
Interested in what your fellow bloggers think? Here are some of the key findings:
- The majority of you – 79% – post to your own blogs at least once a week. 15% of you are overachievers who post every day and make the rest of us look bad.*
- About half of you are happy with your current posting schedule, but the other half would like to bump up the frequency. For the latter half, the most common obstacles to posting more often are lack of time and a perceived lack of anything interesting to say. You also worry a lot about boring your readers.
- A quarter of you blog to become better writers and/or photographers, and another quarter like being part of a larger community. Lots of you are also interested in promoting your non-blog writing and making some dough, while some of you just want to make people laugh or create an enduring record of your experiences.
- While you love blogging, many of you find it a bit difficult to attract readers, encourage commenting, and find other like-minded bloggers.
- The vast majority of you want more blogging tips, both beginner and pro. You’re also fans of our new Freshly Pressed series and writing challenges, and want to see some more new features on using social media and marketing your blogs.
- Two-thirds of you have no idea what Plinky is, and of those who do, most of you don’t use it – but lots of you remain interested in daily writing prompts.
We’re going to be taking a closer look at all this data and using it to figure out ways to enhance The Daily Post. In the meantime, leave us a comment here if you’ve got any other feedback or questions about either The Daily Post or the survey results.
Thanks again for sharing your opinions with us!
*We kid because we love.