Have doubts? Here’s advice
I would post more, but there are always three things that hold me back from clicking on the Publish button:
- I worry about how silly a post might seem to others.
- I worry about how something I’ve written might offend some of my readers.
- I worry about how long my posts are and if I have the right picture to go along with the post.
I’m done worrying!
- I’m not going to worry about how silly a post might seem to others.
- I’m not going to think about how it might offend some of my readers.
- I’m not even going to worry about how long my post is or if I have the right picture to go along with the post.
Read the rest of her post here.
I’d say you should definitely think about your posts, and your readers, but there’s no need to worry or feel angst about it. WordPress will let you keep draft posts for as long as you want. If you’re not sure about a post put it aside and start another. You can always come back when you have a fresh perspective.
And as far as long posts, an easy trick is divide up long posts into 2 or 3 parts. This isn’t cheating – it can be an easy way to spread out one great idea into several smaller posts.